The Charles Sturt University is celebrating the opening of their new campus that is located in Port Macquarie. In line with this, they will be opening scholarship programs for bachelor and master’s degree programs. One of these scholarships is the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships which offer $5,000 or $10,000 to international students who wish to pursue their studies at Charles Sturt University.
This scholarship will be used toreduce tuition fee of the recipient. Also, this is only available for international students who will join the campus on either February 2018 (first session) or July 2018 (second session). The college degree programs that are covered by this scholarship are only the following:
- Master of Customs Administration
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Outdoor Recreation and Ecotourism)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science Management
- Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Social Work (TAFE integrated)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiations Science (With Specializations)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science (With Specializations)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
Since this is one of the newest scholarship programs offered by the Charles Sturt University, the competition to receive this scholarship is quite stringent. To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must possess the following qualities and submit the necessary documents:
- Exceptional academic achievements of at least 75% or a GPA of 5/7 (or 3/4) or the equivalent.
- Have an offer at Charles Sturt University and meet all of the prerequisites and conditions of the course.
- An essay containing at least 1,000 words
Here is a tip from the university itself on what you should include in your essay:
- 500 words of your personal statement (saying something about yourself, your background, your achievements, your desired course, and the reason why you chose to study in Australia)
- 250 words demonstrating your student involvement (share the ways on how you can contribute and actively participate on the Charles Sturt’s University or you can also share your goals to be part of the student council or be an ambassador)
- 250 words stating your community involvements (you can state how you would like to be involved in community activities at a tourist destination like Port Macquarie)
These requirements should be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline. Once your application is received by the university, you will receive an email of confirmation. Also, this scholarship is an award-based so applicants who have lots of previous awards and eagerness to study in Australia will get a leverage compared to other applicants.
The application to the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships will start on December 10, 2017 until May 23, 2018 at exactly 11:59 pm (AEST time). All submissions after the announced deadline will not be considered for evaluation.
For further information about the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships, kindly visit the Charles Sturt University’s website.