Foreign students who want to pursue any undergraduate course at National Kaohsiung University of Applied Science (KUAS) are fit for student grants easily accessible by excellent students who are financially incapable. The scholarships are a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MOE) of Taiwan with other trusted organizations like the Studying Abroad Scholarship of Outstanding Students under the supervision of Office of Student Affairs at KUAS, financial assistance, and interest.
Any authentic overseas student currently enrolled at KUAS who wants to study any undergraduate course offered by KUAS lacking any records at the university resulting to his/her in postponement, kick out or any penalizing measures while staying at the university is entitled to the scholarship.
Unlike doctoral students, students taking an undergraduate course are granted a diverse list of scholarships.
- Freshmen or newly arrived students can receive student grants with a range of value from NT$8000 – NT$14000 during their first year at the university.
- Category A scholarship offers a financial aid with a range of value from NT$12000 to NT$18000 every school year for students who earned a GPA not less than 90 from the previous school year.
- Category B scholarship offers a financial aid with a range of value from NT$11000 to NT$17000 every school year for students who earned a GPA not less than 80 from the previous school year.
- Category A scholarship offers a financial aid with a range of value from NT$16000 to NT$17000 every school year for students who earned a GPA not less than 70 from the previous school year.
Bear in mind that the value of scholarship and the number of offered slots for the scholarship may be fixed by the Committee to meet the remaining funds from their resources. Once the declaration of qualified applicants of the program was given, applicants must submit complete documents to the Office of International Affairs before the given deadline for evaluation.
- Complete Form of Application
- Certification declaring the Alien Residency copy
- Bankbook copy including details on the bank account
- Academic transcript indicating a GPA not below 70 from the past school year with more than nine (9) credits per semester and tidy individual school record
- Other documents mandatory to submit in the Office of International Affairs
Upon the submission of required documents, the Committee will evaluate the scholars based on their documents made each year giving their individual merit and performances in all subject areas the top priority. Scholarships can be renewed upon the agreement of the Committee with another application and unrelenting eligibility.
A waiver with 50% tuition is provided for students taking an undergraduate course.
Get answers to your questions by consulting the Guidelines for International Students Scholarships of National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (KUAS).